Interior Design Assistant
Hoedemaker Pfeiffer is a medium-sized Seattle architecture and interior design firm. We specialize in the design of finely crafted custom houses and renovations. Our team is dedicated to meaningful and timeless design achieved through close interaction with clients and rigorous attention to detail. We look to create layers of meaning that tell the stories of people and places through the experience of space and materials. Our office is located in the Georgetown neighborhood in South Seattle.
Currently, Our Interior Design Department is seeking an Interior Design assistant who can work well as a member of the Design team.
Please click here to apply.
We are currently not working with third party agencies on this position.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field. Experience working professionally in a customer service position a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience in residential interior design.
- Knowledge of design process including experience with space planning and reviewing construction documentation and furniture and lighting specifications.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and ability to use it to produce plans and elevations.
- Skill in clear oral and written communication.
- Skill in organizing and planning.
- Experience in supporting multiple projects with different timelines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of Studio Designer, Google Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Suite a plus.
- Work with PM and/or Principal on projects from conception to installation.
- Produce presentations including sketches, mood boards, detailed drawings, fixture selections etc. for clients
- Draw sketches, elevations and sections
- Draw details of millwork and other detailing
- Produce door, hardware, plumbing, lighting, finish schedules
- Provide extensive and rapid-fire knowledge of FF&E vendors and resources to the team and client
- Able to produce furniture layouts and floor plans skillfully
- Contact vendors, order samples, collect and document pricing and lead times
- Research sourcing - cataloging of vendors/resources
- Interpret what FF&E is needed for the ‘look’ and select appropriately. Selections pulled should be in line with budget (where applicable), correctly scaled and checked in plan prior to putting into presentation form.
- Budget Management – once selections are made at design meetings, plug into budget and make sure project is on the correct track.
- Review vendor quotes for accuracy and aid in revision as needed.
- Create accurate proposals for clients using Studio Designer.
- Place orders, ship and track to ensure install deadlines are met. Schedule and coordinate installation.
Schedule in Office:
Monday to Friday 5 days per week
Work Location: Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle, WA 98108
Hoedemaker Pfeiffer offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes company paid health/dental/vision insurance plan options, PTO, and 401K plan with employer safe harbor match.
Annual compensation range is $62k - $65k depending on qualifications (hourly position eligible for overtime) Final annual compensation rate will be based on individual experience.
Hoedemaker Pfeiffer is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.